Skills for Beginners
Even if you’ve never switched a computer on before, this course will show you the basics (and more) because it’s designed for beginners. Our trainers will adapt the programme according to your level of ability and help you get connected.
Learn the essential skills you need to gain your confidence and get the benefits of joining the digital world. Classes are small and relaxed.
- Computer Basics– Keyboard, mouse, desktop, files and folders.
- Email – set up email, write/send an email, attach a CV.
- Internet– search for jobs, apply for jobs, use Find a Job website, complete and submit online application forms.
- CVs – how to store and access your CV, how to make changes to CVs.
- Microsoft Office – Basic Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Classes are located across Edinburgh at 14 different venues. Click here to find the nearest venue.
Classes run on a rolling basis for half a day per week for up to 8 weeks.
You can gain an attendance or achievement certificate awarded by Create Digital Skills or a Microsoft Basic Digital Literacy Certificate.
Free to unemployed people or those working less than 16 hours or housing association tenants.
Learning materials are all available to download here.